How do I change my YouTube Avatar or Profile Picture?
To upload an image to your Channel follow these easy steps:
- Sign into your YouTube account and click the ‘Account’ link at the top right hand corner of the page
- Click the large blue ‘My Account’ link in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- In the left hand navigation column, click Profile Setup.
- Click the ‘Change Picture’ button and select the file that you’d like to display as your thumbnail profile icon on your channel (you can either select an image or a still frame from one of your videos).
- Don’t forget to click the ‘Save Changes’ button to save the update you just made to your channel.
- You can upload a JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG file. You cannot use animated GIF files as your Profile Picture.
- Do not upload pictures containing celebrities, nudity, artwork or copyrighted images.
- Images will be resized to 130px by 96px and will be viewable within 6 hours.